Take a break from Netflix or drinking. Or both, even though that is quite a beautiful combination. Instead, spend these incredible 52-ish hours doing things that will make you feel happier and more relaxed by Monday morning.
1. Clean out your damn closet.Like, hardcore purge. Resist the urge to come up with bizarre situations in which you will need that one top you haven’t touched in three years, and just toss it instead. Be ruthless. You will then realize that you wear the same ten things anyways.
2. When you’re finished cleaning out your closet, make a stop at Plato’s Closet and then donate the rest.You’ll feel great about giving your clothes away to people who could really use them, and you’ll also get a solid $8 back from Plato’s Closet when you hand them fifteen old skirts from American Eagle.
3. Get a massage.Schedule it for Saturday morning. It’ll force you not to drink on Friday night. Because puking onto the floor through that face hole on the massage table is frowned upon in spas.
4. Go to one of the local community events in your area.Particularly in the late summertime, there are always tons of fun, free events being put on. Outdoor movies, food festivals, Shakespeare in the park. Just google it. Chances are you’ll find something awesome.
5. Get some creative writing done.You can finally crack open that moleskin notebook you bought six months ago when you were going through your creativity phase.
6. Go to the museum.Any museum – a history museum, a nature museum, whatever. They’re pretty much always free. And then you can feel super smart when people ask you what you did over the weekend.
7. Go for a light jog.Lol.
8. Have your friends over for a game night.Everyone will be secretly excited. You’re allowed to drink in this case, because Go Fish is boring without wine. Buy a block of cheese and cut it into squares and put it on a plate with crackers. Your friends will think you’re all growed up.
9. Try out the Rosetta Stone program you bought two years ago.Maybe you’ll only get through half of one lesson. But still, you opened the program! That’s a start. Congratulations. Bonjour.
10. Plan out a bunch of meals you can cook for the following week.Do your grocery shopping early on Sunday morning when everyone else is still hungover and asleep. Cook for the whole week and then save yourself the tediousness of having to scramble for dinner every night after work this week.
11. Get your Spotify playlists together.Because they’re total shit right now.
12. Make kale chips as a light, healthy alternative snack.When they don’t satisfy your craving, eat everything else in your home.
13. Build a fort with your significant other.It’ll be sweet. And probably really comfortable. Instagram it or it doesn’t count.
14. Put on cute workout clothes.And then walk to Chipotle.
15. Wash your bedsheets.It’s been an inappropriately long time.
16. Go to a pet shelter.Even if you don’t plan on adopting an animal today, it’s a good idea to do the research now in case you want to get a cat in the future. (I’m projecting here).
17. Speaking of animals, go to the zoo.Most zoos are free. It’ll reconnect you with your Lion King-obsessed past and will make you feel less guilty about never going outside.
18. Visit a used bookstore.They have plenty of relatively recent stuff, and the prices are fantastic.
19. Sign up for a class on Coursera.This site sounds too good to be true. But it’s not. I took an awesome class on here last year called A Beginner’s Guide to Irrational Behaviorfrom a Duke University professor. It was free, no strings attached. Have at it!
Comments will be approved before showing up.